Outlook Resource Scheduling
See all of your employees Outlook (and Teams) calendars on one screen, view employee availability and future employee capacity, report upon outlook calendars, and even make, move and edit appointments. With Wallchart® for Outlook & Teams. Wallchart® turns Outlook into an Outlook resource scheduling solution so you can see and report upon your employee’s Outlook and Teams calendars.
Outlook and Teams resource scheduling with Wallchart®
How to use Microsoft Outlook for resource scheduling
Your business is more efficient when you have total visibility of who is doing what, where, when, and why. It is even more efficient when you know exactly what each employee’s availability and capacity is in the future, as you can maximize their utilization.
Timewatch’s Wallchart® system enhances Outlook to allow just this. You can view and report upon your employee’s outlook calendars, group employees by skill, team, department, office, and create any groupings you need. With Outlook group calendars visible on one screen, you can instantly see availability and capacity, report upon calendars, and even make, move and edit appointments for others.
Turns Outlook into a resource scheduling system
Outlook and Teams are great collaboration and personal calendar tools, but they don’t provide company-wide calendar visibility.
Our new Wallchart® system unlocks the full potential of Outlook, by bringing the following features to Outlook:
- View any number of employee calendars side-by-side (Outlook is limited to four)
- Group employees by definable attributes, eg. skill, office, timezone, language, anything grouping you need
- Allow sorting and searching by resource availability and capacity so you can find the right employees for a job and the ones with the necessary availablity
- Bring reporting and analytics to Outlook and Teams calendars (something Outlook and Teams don’t have)
- Add security to company booked appointment so users can’t accidentally move or delete them (something Outlook and Teams cannot do)
- Expand upon Outlook and Teams’ five appointment types: busy, free, out-of-office, etc. This allows organizations to create their own booking categories, eg. training, consultancy, customer meetings, chargeable, non-chargeable, whatever you need
- Allow custom fields to be added to appointments: purchase order number, ticket number, chargeable/non-chargeable, contact number, anything you needed to report upon
- Allow Outlook and Teams to turn appointments into time sheets and timesheets into invoices where needed
Organization-wide resource visibility
“If an organization can see actual availability for all resources, scheduling staff save a huge amount of time and effort” says Timewatch specialist Phil Jones. “If you are trying to schedule a group of team members, Timewatch allows you to see who is available without sending out a group invite only to later discover that half of your potential resources are already booked or – worse – something changes after you have fixed a date.”
With increased remote working, it is even more important for team managers and schedulers to be able to instantly see what their teams are doing. Wallchart® solves this without changing any current working practices. Employees continue using Outlook as they normally do, but organizations can rely on Wallchart® to provide a consolidated outlook group view of calendars. With Wallchart®, team leaders, managers and schedulers finally have the visibility they need, without having to implement yet another system for people to enter the same data into.
“With Timewatch’s Outlook & Teams Wallchart® system, all meetings and appointments can now be viewed centrally and securely,” says Jones. “Employees often use Outlook for both personal items as well as company appointments, which is why the details of items marked as ‘private’ are hidden in the wallchart”.
How does Wallchart® for Outlook and Teams help your business?
- See work calendars for individuals, groups or your whole organization
- Configure appointments to hold all the data your organization needs
- Report upon and see availability in the future
- Analyze what staff have been working on
- See resources that are available in real time and schedule a group or individual calendar instantly
- Safe, secure, with full privacy protocols
Want to Learn More?
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us via chat, or book a call with a product specialist who can show you the system in operation.
Other posts you may be interested in:
Employee Scheduling Dashboard
New Resource Scheduling Report Writer
Outlook Calendar Reporting
replaces year planning whiteboards, scheduling dry erase boards, magnetic calendar planners and annual markerboards
Outlook Calendar Sync – OCS, TESS